Sunday, April 3, 2011

Public or Perish

I really enjoyed this article but I was have to reiterate the fact that I hate reading a screen constantly. I need to have the physical relationship with a book (touch, hold it, turn the pages.) But with electronic books on the rise, will books get cheaper? This makes me think that more and more books will become cheaper for a student or teacher to buy for a classroom library. Also as technology increases in the classroom, clearly teachers are going to have to learn how to use them, and is this going to go into interviews when hiring new teachers. Yes, they need to be equip with the latest technology, but let's not forget the tools that can help a student's reading level and even further test taking skills. Because as of right now, government tests are still coming into classrooms on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment