Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Multi Genre Project



So I was working on my project last night, doing some research, figuring out how to organize this ungodly amount of my past embedded in multiple genres of media and literature. But the fact that my childhood was not exactly normal kept coming back to the front of my brain. I never really listened to Britney Spears, any boy band (N*SYNC, O-Town, Backstreet Boys), or any former member of the Mickey Mouse Club. My childhood focused on older music. I knew Barbra Streisand by the time I was 3, singing "Don't Rain on My Parade" while playing with blocks in a room by myself. When boy bands were big, I was writing stories, or watching shows that only kept my attention by the music, or theme songs. My childhood circled around musicals and theatre. The fact my life was so engaged in music at an early age is a great reason why I love music so much. I've taught myself how to to play guitar, and taking a piano class right now. The music I listen to now is fully based on the lyrics (poetry) and the harmonics and the sound of it.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool! It gives me a bunch of ideas for things to put into my project! :)

    ReplyDelete